Upcoming Fed Events
Below is a guide to upcoming events and speeches of importance relating to the Fed and its members. It is a relatively slow week in regard to Fed member speeches. All times Eastern.
Monday, April 10
- Janet Yellen at the Ford School: 4:00-5:15pm. She will be taking questions from the live audience, as well as from Twitter. From the events page: "This event will be live webstreamed. You will be able to view the stream the day of the event on the official event stream viewing page."
Tuesday, April 11
- Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari will engage in a discussion at the Minnesota Business Partnership in Minneapolis, includes audience Q&A. 1:45 pm.
Wednesday, April 12
- The Atlanta Fed Business Inflation Expectations will be released at 10:00am.
Thursday, April 13
- The release of the Fed's balance sheet numbers and the money supply data will be available at 4:30pm
Friday, April 14
- Also relevant, though not Fed-specific is the release of the CPI (Consumer Price Index) at 8:30am. The CPI isn't the inflation indexed tracked most closely by the FOMC in their inflation considerations (they prefer the PCE), but it is still relevant.